‘192.168.8.1’ is a private IP address. This is famous IP address like ‘192.168.0.1’ and ‘184.108.40.206’ because it has the similar functionality as that of the other two but the only difference is that ‘192.168.8.1’ is not used by most of the router manufacturers. Companies like Huawei, MediaLink use this Internet Protocol address.
You should know that all routers have two different types of IP addresses. An IP address used on your local network known as LAN IP address and the other one is assigned by the modem known as WAN IP address. ‘192.168.8.1’ IP address is commonly used for accessing router’s functionalities. This private IP address is used to configure networking equipment.
- 192.168.15.1 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
- 192.168.10.1 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
- 10.1.1.1 Admin Login, User, Password & IP (Direct Access)
- 10.0.0.138 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
- 1 How to Log into 192.168.8.1 IP Address?
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 What to Do If You Forget Router’s Username & Password?
- 4 How to Troubleshoot Router Errors?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
How to Log into 192.168.8.1 IP Address?
There are some requirements which are necessary to log in to this IP address. The most important is that you should be in the vicinity of your router’s network. So you should connect to this same network because it is a private IP address and not a public IP address. Another requirement is that your device should support HTML5 in the browser which is not of many problems on today’s devices. Now let us start login into IP address.
First of all how to find your router’s IP address.
- At first, connect your router to your computer or any other device properly. You need to know that to access router admin panel you need to connect to the router properly. And you do not need any type of internet connection for this.
- Now, you should be familiar with your router’s IP address. You can know your router’s IP address by going to the command prompt on your computer.
- In command prompt type in ‘ipconfig’ to get the list of all your computer connections. You can know about your private IP address as IPv4 address.
- You can also know your router’s Default Gateway IP address by accessing your computer’s control panel.
- Under the control panel, you should make sure that the Local Area Connection is enabled and is not bridged with any other connection.
- In the properties of Local Area Connection select ‘Use the following IP address’ and then click OK.
Alternate Way to Enter 192.168.8.1 IP Address
You can also change your router’s Internet Protocol address any time in two ways either by launching special setup CD or by using web- interface. It is necessary for most of us because many users want to make sure that there is no 192.168.8.l address conflict with any other device’s address. If anyone forgets their new IP address, then he or she can reset the router and then everything will be returned to defaults. Also, anyone can locate his or her public IP address by simply searching “my IP” in Google search box. It will definitely return your public IP address.
- Now open your default browser or any other browser and type in the address https://192.168.8.1 IP in the address bar of your browser. This will take you to a specific site and give you access to login to your router admin panel.
- At this page, you have to enter your router’s username and password to access your router admin panel through which you can adjust several options like security options, WLAN settings, Proxy, network management, router software and many more.
What to Do If You Forget Router’s Username & Password?
Many people could not remember their username and password. So there is a solution for them who had forgotten their router’s username and password.
Refer Also: 192.168.1.13 IP Login Guide, Username & Password
- There may be a case that you do not know the username and password. In that case, you have to search for it on the router’s label along with your router’s serial number and login address.
- Another case can be you must have forgotten your password. In that case, you have to reset the router’s settings using the hidden reset button on the router.
- One more case is possible that you have never changed your router’s username and password for which you can search your router’s default username and password on the internet.
- At this moment when you are aware of your router’s username and password, you can type in your router’s credentials on the webpage and then you are accessible to your router admin panel.
- You can also reset the router using the web-based setup page.
Default Router User & Password List
How to Troubleshoot Router Errors?
The most common use of Internet Protocol address 192.168.8.1 is to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
Perfect Place for Your Router
These are very common mistakes and tasks which get ignorance by most of the people. You must have seen that there are some weird cases that will not let you login into your router. You should ensure the cable connectivity should work properly, and the wireless router signal must be available. For this, you have to place your router a perfect spot, not behind walls or curtains.
Go Through Router’s User Manual
There may be cases regarding the 192.168.8.l wireless network. So to troubleshoot wireless network problems on new routers, you are advised to refer the installation guide and user manuals that were given with the router.
- 192.168.1.10 IP Login Guide, Username & Password
- 192.168.1.4 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
- 10.0.0.2 Admin Login, User, Password & IP (Updated 2023)
- 192.168.2.1 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
Search for Good Wireless Channel and Check the Frequency
Automatically selected channels sometimes don’t give the best signals, so you have to set it manually. This would also ensure that your channel does not interfere with any other person’s channel in your locality. Switching your router’s band to 5GHz from 2.5GHz will definitely give you better results.
Resetting your router
If there is still no internet connection, then try rebooting the router. Still no internet connection? No problem. Contact your Internet Service Provider. Want to learn about 192.168.1.123 Admin Login, Username, And Password? Click here
If you are getting 192.168 8 internet connection after connecting directly to your computer, your wireless network must not emit signals. Try enabling your wireless router signal using your Wi-Fi button.
There are also many manageable tasks that you can perform to troubleshoot router issues. You should also make indisputable that the power supply is on and is working properly. Also, make sure that all the LEDs are glowing and their signals are active. Try to be within the Wi-Fi connectivity range. These precautions and methods should help you solve the problem of inaccessibility of your router’s configuration page.
What companies use the 192.168.8.1 protocol?
Many relevant companies, such as Huewai, MediaLink, etc, use this IP address.
What kind of network is used for local IP addresses?
The local IP addresses are most commonly used, called LAN IP addresses. You may use the capabilities of the router thanks to it.
How do I get the IP address of the router?
Enter the 'ipconfig' at the router's command prompt after typing it. A page will open up where you should enable the Local Area Connection, then go to properties and select the IP address. Click OK to get the IP address of your router.
What would I do if I forgot my password?
If you forget the password, the last resort is to reset the router using the reset button; the credentials will change to the default one.
At last, I have given so many points regarding the Internet Protocol address 192.168.8.1. There are so many knowledge about routers, IP addresses, wireless modems and many more which have been provided by me in this article. This IP address will help you configure your broadband network at home without facing lots of problems.
As you can see logging in into ‘192.168.8.1′ IP address is not so difficult but understanding it is a little lengthy. Hope I was helpful to you all for accessing your router’s network and it has definitely increased your knowledge about IP address.
Check Similar IP addresses:
Hello people. I have started this website for all of you who have troubles while logging in into their router. I personally have faced a lot of issues and that is the sole motivation for starting this. Hope it helps you guys. Cheers!