The IP 10.1.1.1 is a private IP address. This IP address can be assigned to any device that is on a local network. The router must first be configured to use this particular IP address range. A few of the home broadband routers, such as those by Belkin and D-Link models, have their default IP address fixed as 10.1.1.1.
This IP address is useful if you need to block or access a device that uses this IP address with it. As an example, some routers usually use the IP address of 10.1.1.1 as their default IP address. So you will need to access the router through this IP address only to make any of the required router changes.
Your routers that use a different default IP address can have their address changed to 10.1.1.1. This is also a simple process and can be done quickly.
The router manufacturers may choose 10.1.1.1 as the default IP address of that router if they believe that it is easier to remember that the other common alternatives. However, most of the standard private IP addresses are usually the same.
Remember: Do not put in 10.1.1.1.1 or 10.1.1 as they don’t work.
How to Access http //10.1.1.1 Gateway
If you need to log in into the 10.1.1.1 IP address, you need to follow some simple steps. Below is given the simple step-by-step procedure to log in to the router using IP address- 10.1.1.1
- Open the browser from any PC, tablet, smartphone or from any web-connected device that is connected from your router.
- Type in the 10.1.1.1 IP address into the address bar and press Enter. Your browser will now begin to generate a connection with your router.
- Once done, the page will ask for your login credentials. Enter your username and password. Since every router comes along with a particular username and password, so you need not to worry about it. You will be able to see a mark on your router or in the box which contains the login ID or the model number of your router. You can then search on Google the default credentials by your model number.
- After entering in your username and password as asked, open your router’s settings window. Proceed with the configuration and changes that you want to do and save them before closing your browser.
The default credentials to log in into the router is mostly set as “admin” or just no entries sometimes too. If you don’t use a D-Link router, you can try to enter any blank password or use the “admin” key as most of the routers are configured that way by their default factory settings.
How to Get into 10.1.1.1 Admin Login Panel?
When you use the 10.1.1.1 sign in router, the network name is set by default. If you want to change that to your desired name, you must first login into your router. After that, you will have a way to change the settings.
Also, if you want to change the default login credentials and also change the existing username and password, in these cases, you will need access to the router’s settings page.
You may try changing the default IP address to a new one by logging in into the settings.
Default Router User & Password List
All these tasks require you to gain access to the router panel, and for that, you need to log in using the address of 10.1.1.1.
How do you Find Your Router’s IP Address?
If you want to log in into your 10.1.1.1 admin login router, you need to know your router’s IP address. For that, you must first find out your router’s IP address before logging in.
You can look into the box or the router to find the same. But, you can also find it out by using your device that you are logging from.
When you are beginning to log in from a Windows device follow the steps below
- Click on the search bar and type in as “cmd” or merely the command prompt in the search box.
- Once opened, select the Command Prompt.
- When the new command window opens up, type in as “ipconfig” and press in the enter button.
- You will be shown a list of some network address.
- You can then find out your router’s IP Address next to the Default Gateway.
The routers that use the IP address as 10.0.0.1 are mostly used in home and other smaller networks. However, it is prevalent that people can easily mistype or confuse the many IP such as that of 10.0.0.1 or the 10.0.1.1, and sometimes as 10.1.1.1. The wrong IP address can lead to a lot of trouble while logging in. As a result, it is essential to enter the correct IP address while we try to log in into the router.
There can also be cases when multiple network devices use the same IP address. To avoid this common IP address conflicts, only one device must be assigned this IP address on the same network. The IP address 10.1.1.1 should not be attached to a client if it is already assigned to the router.
You may also face some hardware related issues of the router. In these cases, you must make sure that the problem is rectified.
You must ensure that the network is active and that the Ethernet line or the wifi signal is connected.
This IP address of http //10.1.1.1 gateway is a private IP address. This must be used in smaller networks and home only.
You must know that any computer can use this IP address 10.1.1.1 if the local network supports that addresses in this own range.