The IP address the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority has registered http://10.0.0.138 (IANA), the prime authority for assigning protocol addresses, as a part of a private network. The 10.0.0 .0/24. IP addresses, which are in the private space, are not assigned to any specific organization. Instead, anybody can use these IP addresses without the need for consent from a regional Internet registry, unlike any public IP addresses, which require prior permission and access to do so.
Routers made by Telstra industries mostly use this IP address 10.0.0.138. The Telstra Corporation Limited (known as Telstra) is the largest telecommunications company of Australia, which designs, builds and operates the country’s telecommunications networks and markets the services of voice, mobile, internet access, pay television and other products and services to its consumers.
How to Set Up Telstra Router?
1. Firstly connect the Telstra Cable Adaptor. Unplug any existing modems, telephones and other devices that use the telephone line from wall sockets.
2. Power-up the Telstra Cable Adaptor. …
3. Connect the modem to the 10.0.0.138 network …
4. Turn on the modem. …
5. Connect your desired device via Wi-Fi. …or
6. Connect your device via a cable.
7. The device will boot-up and get connected to the network.
How to Login into 10.0.0.138 IP Address?
Logging into this IP address to perform the required tasks is very much straightforward.
By logging into this IP address, a person can change all the router configuration and initiate the desired network changes. This can be used to make the router settings as and when necessary.
After the setup and configuration of your 10.0.0.138 router or modem of any brand, you must keep in mind to reboot it after making the settings of it, as failing to do so will lead to un-effective changes. You can use the IP address whenever there is a need to do some configurations with the Telstra routers and its uses.
The process of logging into the IP address is as follows:
- 1) Open the web browser and type in the 10.0.0.138 address into the address bar.
- After doing so, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- A new mini window will pop up from the top which will require you to the login ID, aka, the username and password.
- Type in the default username and password of the desired router or device and hit the ‘login’ or ‘ok’ button
- . If the credentials have changed before due to any reasons, then you are required to enter the updated login credentials and proceed as above.
- Once the login process is over, a new tab will open up giving you administrative access to your router’s interface and the settings available.
Here changes can be performed to the default settings such as the network and any other security configurations. If there is a need to change the 10.0.0.138 router password, you will be needed to use the updated credentials when logging in to the administrative panel in the future.
What is the need to access the Router Admin Panel?
To view and the supplied 10.0.0.138 modem settings, such as Wi-Fi Network Name, Password, and DNS Settings, you need to know your modem’s default IP address – or home page. This is useful in cases, where there may be a need to rename the existing network, or in changing passwords or improve security.
How to Find Your Telstra Router’s IP Address?
Most routers will have the IP address, and the login address mentioned in it’s manual or in the packaging box. If not available, the model can get a search in the web, and the address can be found out accordingly.
Finding the router IP on Windows:
- Press Win+r together and you will see that a new black tab should open up immediately.
- Type cmd into the exploration area and tap on enter. The command prompt will open up.
- Type in the commands to view the network state and the IP and then click enter.
- Your Default gateway for the router and its 10.0.0.138 IP address will be displayed.
To view and edit your Telstra -supplied modem settings, such as Wi-Fi Network Name, Password, and DNS Settings, there is a need to know the modem’s default address – or home page address.
First, enter the correct URL for your modem, (i.e., the IP address):
For nbn™/ADSL/Velocity/Cable type modems – enter the IP address of http://10.0.0.138 or http://telstra.gateway/
Default Router User & Password List
How To Troubleshoot Router Issues?
There may be few cases where you will face issues, where you will not be able to log into the setup page of your Telstra router via the IP address entered. This will arise if you incorrectly entered the IP address.
If you have many Telstra devices on the same 10.0.0.138 network, then you will face issues in logging in, as the various devices may try logging in at the same time, being in the same network and crash altogether.
Usually, the modem provides a particular address to the client; but this address will never be in use except to access the configuration interface of the modem.
By default if you type the IP address of the modem you may have an error message that displays the following: “Impossible to contact the server” error.
If you wish to replace the 10.0.0.2 with an IP in the same range as the modem, then follow the desired steps:
Follow these steps to configure accordingly:
- Go to Administration -> Commands
- Enter the following Command: ifconfig `nvram get wan_ifname`:0 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
- Click on Save Startup.
- Enter : iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE ( to allow security access)
- Click on Save Firewall.
After these steps, you shall be capable of configuring the IP accordingly.
The Telstra modems from Australia, thus have their own IP address of 10.0.0.138, which gives people who use it the capability to configure their devices. For more information on the routers, you can directly visit the device website.
- 1 Telstra Router
- 2 How to Login into 10.0.0.138 IP Address?
- 3 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 4 What is the need to access the Router Admin Panel?
- 5 How To Troubleshoot Router Issues?
- 6 Conclusion