The IP address is the computer or a particular device’s identity – it is through this that the internet network can find it on the system. This article will help you to login and use IP 192.168.1.4
What is the 192.168.1.4 IP address?
The 192.168.1.4 is the fourth IP address that comes in the range of IPs from 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254. Some of the smaller home broadband routers will often use this IP address range when assigning any network addresses to the local devices utilizing that network. A router can assign the 192.168.1.4 IP address to any device on the local network automatically by itself, or an administrator can do it manually as per his tasks.
Make certain not to type in 192.168.l.4 or 192.168.l.l4 or 192.168 14 as they shall not work!
Any devices such as computers, phones, game consoles, printers, and a lot of other such devices allow their setting of an IP address manually. The address of “192.168.1.4” or the numbers 192, 168, 1, and four must be typed in into an IP or Wi-Fi configuration settings screen on the device to use it.
How do you log in to use the 192.168.1.4 IP Address?
Logging in into the 192.168.1.4 IP address is a natural step. This IP address will let you as a person change all of the router configurations and make the expected network changes.
This can be used to make the router do the needed tasks as and when necessary. Whenever you set up and configure your router or modem of any brand, make sure to install the settings before you leave. Else, you will do unsaved changes after you log out of the router.
The most important condition to log in into the address is that the device from where you are logging in must be connected to the web network of that router/server.
The process of logging in into the 192.168.1.4 IP address is as follows
- Switch on your web browser and type in the IP address 192.168.1.4 in the search bar. When done, enter it from your keyboard.
- A new pop up window will come down from above the bar which will require you to enter you to enter your default login credentials. Type in the default username and password of the particular router or device and hit in the ‘login’ or ‘submit’ button. If you had changed the default login credentials from before due to some issues, then you must be needed to enter in the new and updated login credentials and proceed to the page.
- Once you finish the login process, a new tab will open up giving you the security interface to your router’s settings and the options available.
- Here you can perform settings changes to the default settings such as the network and security configurations.
- Changing of the router credentials and the username and password will require you to use the updated credentials when logging in to the administrative panel in the future.
To find out your router’s default username and password, flip down the router machine and check there for any stickers containing the IP address mentioned there.
The Need to Access Your Router’s Settings Interface
The answer to accessing the router’s settings interface page is to make the wireless network more secure. The vulnerabilities of hacking arise if the default settings of the router setup page and the default network credentials are the same. Logging in into the router settings page is also useful when you desire to carry out ant other changes such as those mentioned below:
Default Router User & Password List
- You may be required to rename the existing network name to a new and updated one. This as per your desire and wish.
- Changing of the WiFi username and passwords to suit with your preferences. This will enable you to access the WiFi network with much more ease. Usually, the default WiFi username and password contain a combination of numbers and letters. Such combinations are very randomly set by the maker and is quite hard to remember. Sometimes, this will make it a bit difficult for even the technology owner to memorize.
By gaining access to the settings panel and using a new password which we desire it to be, we can not only remember it better with ease but also alter it as and when needed.
Changing passwords frequently also has the added advantage of extra security. It helps you to network making it difficult to gain unauthorized access to the routers/ servers with the same old password.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address?
Finding the IP address of the connected router is essential to log in into the settings page. This is a natural process, and you can follow these steps to know your connected IP address.
On Windows System
As most of the users are connected to a Microsoft Windows PC, the steps to access from a windows computer are given below:
- Proceed by a click on the Start button on the left. Then open the search box and type in “CMD” or Command Prompt. You will need to select the option of Command Prompt there.
- When the new command window in black background opens up, type in “ipconfig” and hit the enter button.
- There you will see your connected IP address of the router mentioned next to Default Gateway.
On A Mac
The first method is analogous to using the command prompt. You can make it appear either by flicking through apps in the spotlight search. Alternatively, you can do it via utilities, which you can find via applications.
Once you get to the terminal, the command depends upon the type of connection you got. If you connect using wifi or a wireless connection, the command is “ ipconfig getifaddr en0”. If, though, that is not the case, and you prefer ethernet cable, then just replace the 0 with ‘1’. The rest stays the same.
The second method comes in handy for those who aren’t comfortable in interacting with the terminal. It requires you to reach the network preference option. You can make it happen using the menu labeled ‘view’, or using the regular ‘system preference’.
You get the options of both wifi and wired connections. Selecting either of them unveils the IP.
You can use any of these techniques when 192.168.1.4 isn’t working for you. Or every time you want to figure out your IP.
How To Troubleshoot 192.168.1.4 Router Issues?
The most common error while accessing the router is that of the wrong IP address. Many people tend to enter the wrong IP address due to the lot of similarity with other addresses.
The person must be cautious in entering the correct IP address to access the router. Else there will be an error.
IP address conflicts also result when two different devices on the same network are given the same IP address. As a result, neither of the methods will be able to establish a connection with the router.
Also, any device that was dynamically assigned the IP address of 192.168.1.4 may be reassigned a different address. This will occur if it disconnects from its local area network for a long enough period. After that, you will not be able to access it using the same IP address.
How Do I Reset The Router Hardware
When nothing seems to work while getting to the router’s portal using 192.168.1.4. What to do? You have to get to the last resort, which is to perform a complete reset of the hardware. But it should be the absolute last option. The reason being, all the changes you made, anything in the past, resetting will erase it.
So to fix your problems relating to 192.168.1.4, you can reset by just a single click. It takes a small button to erase all that data. And fix otherwise complicated problems. It is on the flip side of the router hardware. You can use any narrow papery thin device to maintain pressure on it. For around 20-25 seconds. That is it!
These are some of the information regarding 192.168.1.4 IP address. This IP address is very useful in home networks. Any issues with it are efficiently solvable.
- 1 What is the 192.168.1.4 IP address?
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 How do you log in to use the 192.168.1.4 IP Address?
- 4 The Need to Access Your Router’s Settings Interface
- 5 How to Find Your Router’s IP Address?
- 6 How To Troubleshoot 192.168.1.4 Router Issues?
- 7 How Do I Reset The Router Hardware
- 8 Conclusion