The IP protocol address is the computer or a particular device’s real identity – it is through this that the internet network can find it on the system. This article will help you to login into IP 192.168.1.200.
What is the 192.168.1.200 IP address
The 192.168.1.200 is a private IP address. It is mostly found and used on some localized local networks such as the home or some small office. Home or office networks, those who are using the internet that is being transmitted through Linksys or Broadcom company based broadband routers, will be commonly using this address together with some other IP address based on the ranges starting of 192.168.1.X.
The routers can assign the IP address of 192.168.1.200 to any network device on its local network by itself, or an administrator can assign the IP address to it by manual procedures.
Broadcom Inc. is a US based company making a range of semiconductor and network software solutions such as routers.
Remember: Do not put in 192.168 l 200, 192.168.l.200, 192.168 1200 or 192.168.200 as they are completely wrong and will not help.
How to Login Into 192.168.1.200 IP Address
To access your router’s inbuilt settings interface, you will need to open up your PC browser window and type in the address bar as 192.168.1.200 into it.
The method of gaining access to IP address is as follows:
- Open the primary web browser and type in the 192.168.1.200 IP address into the address bar. After its done, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- You will see a new mini window which will pop up from the top. Enter the login ID there. You must enter the username and password.
- Enter the default username and password of the desired router or device and hit the ‘login’ or ‘ok’ button. If you had ever gotten the credentials changed before due to any reasons, then you should enter the updated login credentials and proceed as above.
- Once the login process is done, a new tab will open up giving you administrative access to your router’s interface and the settings available.
- Here you can do changes to the default settings such as the network and any other security configurations.
- If you want to do any change to the router password, you will be needed to use the updated credentials when logging in to the administrative panel in the future.
How to Access 192.168.1.200 Router Settings Interface
Many people usually keep on forgetting their wi-fi passwords at regular intervals. This is because the default passwords are hard to remember. If this happens to you, you must reset your router to its default factory settings. You can do this by holding down the small reset button for a few seconds. This will result into the router going back to its initial factory settings. After that, you may apply for a new password by doing the login process again.
Before proceeding ahead, refer:
After you set a new password, keep it saved and enter it next time. Also while changing the wifi network name or changing any of the initial security settings, there is a need to access the router admin panel.
The IP address of 192.168.1.200 is a common IP address for such router login process. But changing this IP address does not necessarily improve your home network’s security.
Other small changes such as Resetting or Changing the Wi-Fi networking name, changing the login username and password, etc., can be performed by logging in into the router interface.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address
Finding the IP address of the connected router is essential if you want to log in into the settings page. This is an easy process, and you can follow these steps to know your connected IP address.
As 85% of the global OS is connected to a Microsoft Windows, the steps to access from a windows computer are given below:
- Proceed by a click on the Start button on the left, open the search box and type in “CMD” or Command Prompt, and then select the option of Command Prompt there.
- When the new command opens up, type in the command into it as “ipconfig” and hit the enter button.
- There you will see many network addresses and also the connected IP address of your router mentioned next to Default Gateway.
This IP address is the main address through which your router can interact with the wider net. It is not a global address, and hence you can’t access this for wider net service.
Default Router User & Password List
For apple devices you will have to follow simple but different procedures as per the MacOS rules.
How to Troubleshoot Router Issues
There might be a lot of cases when you may get an error when you enter the IP address of 192.168.1.200 in your browser’s address bar. This might happen if the entered protocol address doesn’t belong to your router.
Be sure to enter the desired IP address. Otherwise, it can lead to error in login processes. If you enter the wrong IP address or false login ID, then you will not get the access to router interface.
- Mentioned here some of the ways, by which you can troubleshoot your router for solutions.
Ensure that the Ethernet cable is in a proper working condition for wired networks.
- Make sure that the power supply is on and wifi is active for the router to function properly.
- Also, confirm that the router’s operation LED status signals are all ok.
- IP address conflicts, when two different devices on the same network have the same IP address is also common. Make sure you don’t face the similar issue on your router.
These are some of the things that one must know about this 192.168.1.200 IPv4 private IP address.