Ever faced a trespasser? I hope not! But all of you must have come across an anonymous online trespasser—the one who connects to your Wi-Fi every time again and again. Even if you kick him out, that person joins again and keeps using your Wi-Fi for free. Annoying, right and want to block internet access of this user? This person may be a hacker or a cybercriminal or just someone who desires to harm your home Wi-Fi.
This person can be hazardous and can cause severe damage to the network. You need to know how block the internet access of this particular person.
Solution To Block Internet Access Of The Hacker
What is the solution for this then? Simple! But how to do that, you may ask? Leave that to us. We have the entire process to block someone’s internet access using your Wi-Fi jotted down for you in this article. We will venture you through the process step-by-step and help you block internet access and save your network from trespassers.
A good Wi-Fi router is provided with ample facilities for the security of your network. It gives you the controls for choosing which devices can access the network, the devices block internet access of, limiting the time of access, tweaking the bandwidth, and many more. In this manuscript, we will be putting light on the control to internet access of particular devices.
See also: Different types of routers
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
There are two requirements you should know about before going into the procedure to block internet access:
- You need to be aware of the username and password of your router.
- You need to have the software called wireless network watcher. Installing this software isn’t necessary. Just download it and play it. What this software does is that it gives information about the devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Now that we know the requirements and software let’s get into business!
See also: Connecting to Ethernet
Steps To Block Internet Access Using WiFi
The initial thing to do is check which devices are connected to the Wi-Fi and identify any users and block the internet access of this user.
- Open the wireless network watcher software.
- On opening the software, you’ll get a list of users that are connected to your Wi-Fi.
From this list, you can quickly identify which devices you want to block and you will also get the MAC address of this device, which will be used to block the internet access.
Download: Wireless network watcher software
Now that we have identified the unwanted device and also found its MAC address let’s go ahead and block the internet access of this hacker. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Next, write the username and password of your router and sign in.
- On the router settings page, go to the interface setup.
- Click on wireless
- In the MAC address settings, check the activate option.
- Now, in the action tab, select the deny option. This will block the MAC addresses that are provided and allow the rest.
- Next, you have to provide the MAC address of the device you desire to block. Right-click on the device in the wireless network watcher and go to the HTML report. From here, copy the MAC address of the device.
- Paste the copied MAC address in the tab below the action tab in the router settings.
- Save the changes.
- Now, refresh the wireless network watcher page and ensure that the device is no longer connected to your network.
Viola! You have authentically blocked the internet access of the unknown device on your network and now, no more online trespassers that you will have to deal with. We hope this article was informative for you to block unwanted users internet access. Do not forget to leave your comments. Your comments play the role of keeping us encouraged to write more for you.
Now that you have learnt how to block someone, its time to check out the latest home automation ideas.
Thank you, and happy surfing. Adios!
Hello people. I have started this website for all of you who have troubles while logging in into their router. I personally have faced a lot of issues and that is the sole motivation for starting this. Hope it helps you guys. Cheers!