The Internet Protocol (IP) address we commonly see is just a digital identity.This identity is carried by every single device connected to the same network. Routers are used not only for Internet purposes, but also for other network communications. There are many IP addresses available for use. ICANN assigns all the IP addresses. One among them is the 192.168.1.128 IP address.
ICANN is the global body controlling the internet which allows the IP address.
Make sure that you do not end up typing 192.168.128 or 192.168.o.1.128.
- 1 What is the 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 How to Login to 192.168.1.128 IP Address
- 4 Why Login Into 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel?
- 5 How to Access your 192.168.1.128 IP Router’s Gateway?
- 6 How To Troubleshoot any Router Related Issues?
- 7 Change the Username and Password of Your Network
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
What is the 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
The IP address 192.168.1.128 is a part of the many private network IP that is controlled by the body of Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
Being a private IP address, it can be manually assigned to any local network or can be attached by default too.
This address is mainly used by routers on the home networks. These include modems or other Internet of Things items such as webcams, printers, etc. Some of the routers using this IP address are made by companies such as 4ipnet, Billion, Cisco, and many more. This private IP address 192.168.1.128 lies among the network range of IP starting from 192.168.1.0 and going up to 192.168.1.255. Learn about Ubee Modem Login here.
How to Login to 192.168.1.128 IP Address
To log into the default router settings and carry out some changes, you can follow the guidelines mentioned in the booklet of the router or behind the machine.
You must ensure that you reboot the system after carrying out any changes to the default settings. Otherwise, your changes will be unsaved.
The process of logging into the 192.168.1.128 IP address is as follows:
- Open your default web browser in your system and type in the address 192.168.1.128 in the search bar. After doing that, submit the response and wait for the pop-up.
- A new pop-up window will appear from above which will require you to enter your login ID. This includes your username and password. Type in the default username and password of your particular router or the networked device and click on the ‘login’ or ‘ok’ button.
- Manufacturers generally set the same default login credentials. If the certificates had been changed before for any particular reason, you will be required to enter the new and updated login credentials and proceed as stated.
- Once you have logged into the router web interface, a new page will open,, giving you secure access to your router’s main interface and the settings available.
- Here you can apply changes to the default settings, such as the network and security configurations. By changing the router username and password, you should be required to use the newly updated credentials when you are logging in to the administrative panel in the future.
Why Login Into 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel?
You may have some worries about the security of your home network. If you wish to increase your network security and provide resistance to the unwanted threats, then you must access the administrative settings of the router. With the misuse of WPS technology, anyone can break into the WiFi routers with ease. These vulnerabilities are likely if the factory default settings of the login page and the network credentials are not changed and left to default factory settings.
Also any changes to the network name to a new name and to update passwords frequently, etc. can be done if and only if there is access to the router interface.
- 192.168.2.1 Admin Login, User, Password & IP
- 192.168.4.1 IP Admin Login, Username, And Password
How to Access your 192.168.1.128 IP Router’s Gateway?
Accessing the router’s admin page is essential for carrying out the needed tasks.
You can access your router’s settings interface in these easy ways:
Default Router User & Password List
Finding the router IP address from a Windows PC
- Press the Win+r keys together. A new prompt will open up immediately.
- Type in cmd into the input panel and then press enter. The command prompt will open up.
- Type in the following set of instructions into the command prompt: ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”and press on entering key.
- Your Default IP address of the router, 192.168.1.128,, will be displayed.
- You can then copy the IP address to login into the router interface again.
How To Troubleshoot any Router Related Issues?
In some of the cases, you may face some related issues where you won’t be able to log into the interface page of your router via the IP address 192.168.1.128 entered.
This is mainly because there are a lot of connected devices with that particular router. Or, it may be because you have entered the wrong IP address instead of the original one.
Most of the private IP addresses are similar to only point changes. As a consequence, it becomes very easy to make mistakes while you type in the IP addresses. So you must be very attentive when you type in the IP address. Otherwise, you will face this error.
Some common steps to address some frequently encountered issues are:
- Ensure you have a proper Ethernet cable connection(for wired connections).
- Ensure a proper wireless signal to transmit.
- Reset the router.
- Troubleshoot helps to address some minor issues too.
Change the Username and Password of Your Network
Modifying the username or SSID of your Wifi network is not a challenging task. You must know the local IP Address of your router to bring about this change. Please go through the user’s manual to understand it and enter the router admin page. Follow these steps carefully and alter the SSID. Not only the username, but you can also change the password of your system.
- Open the browser of your choice and write the IP Address of your router. This will direct you to the “authentication” page.
- You must type the default details of your router here. This comprises your SSID name and password. Ensure that in this column, you do not write the default credentials if you’ve ever changed the settings. It’ll hinder the process of modifying your settings.
- Click on the “Login” button on the screen of your machine, and it will enable you to access the admin page. You’ll find a variety of options here. Look for a “Wireless Network” option on the main page.
- Once you discover this option, click it to visit the Wifi settings. Here, you’ll come across a location called SSID. Here, you are unrestricted to rewrite the SSID of your network.
- Once you modify the username, you might also want to alter your password. To do so, locate an option called “admin password.” Write the desired password here.
- We would advice you to keep a long password to secure your private network, as it turns off cyberpunks from cracking the password.
- Click the “Save” button to assign the modifications you brought to your router. However, you may find an “Apply” button instead of the “Save” button. This varies from router to router.
Where is 192.168.1.128 used?
192.168.1.128 has significant applications in home networks. Many companies, such as Cisco, also use these IP addresses.
How can I log in to 192.168.1.128?
First, you can either login into the official website using the IP address or access the admin panel. You will then have the choice to supply the credentials. The main page will appear when you click Apply.
Why should I login into the 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel?
The primary application of logging into the 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel is to enhance the security level of your device.
How can I find the username and password of 192.168.1.128?
To find the username and password of 192.168.1.128, go to the command prompt and type cmp in the output window. You will get the password, or you can provide if config as the code word that will return the password.
The IP address 192.168.1.128 is vital. It is very essential IP in the proper functioning of the router, which in turn will ensure you uninterrupted internet access.
The 192.168.1.128 which is the default IP address, is found in many routers and it is a part of the private IP address range, and it is a part of the private IP address range.
Hello people. I have started this website for all of you who have troubles while logging in into their router. I personally have faced a lot of issues and that is the sole motivation for starting this. Hope it helps you guys. Cheers!