The Internet Protocol (IP) address that we commonly see all around us is just a digital identity. This identity is carried by each and every device that is connected to the same network. Routers are not only used for internet purposes, but also for other network communication too. There are many IP addresses available for use. All the IP address are assigned by ICANN. One among them is the 192.168.1.128 IP address.
ICANN is the global body controlling the internet which allows the IP address.
Make sure that you do not end up typing 192.168.128 or 192.168.o.1.128.
What is 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
The IP address 192.168.1.128 is a part of the many private network IP that is controlled by the body of Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
Being a private IP address, it can be manually assigned to any local network or can be attached by default too.
This address is mainly used by routers on the home networks. These include modems or any other Internet of Things items such as webcams, printers, etc. Some of the routers using this IP address are made by companies such as 4ipnet, Billion, Cisco, and many more. This private IP address 192.168.1.128 lies among the network range of IP starting from 192.168.1.0 and goes up to 192.168.1.255.
How to Login to 192.168.1.128 IP Address
To log into the default router settings and carry out some changes, you can follow the guidelines mentioned in the booklet of the router or behind the machine.
You must ensure that you reboot the system after carrying out any changes to the default settings. Otherwise, your changes will be unsaved.
The process of logging into 192.168.1.128 IP address is as follows:
- Open your default web browser in your system and type in the address 192.168.1.128 in the search bar. After doing that, submit the response and wait for the pop-up.
- A new pop-up window will appear from above which will require you to enter your login ID. This includes your username and password. Type in the default username and password of your particular router or the networked device and click on the ‘login’ or ‘ok’ button.
- Manufacturers generally set the same default login credentials. If the credentials had been changed before due to any particular reasons, then you will be required to enter in the new and updated login credentials and proceed as stated.
- Once you have logged into the router web interface, a new page will open up giving you secure access to your router’s main interface and the settings available.
- Here you can apply changes to the default settings such as that of the network and security configurations. By changing the router username and password, you should be required to use the newly updated credentials when you are logging in to the administrative panel in the future.
Why to Login Into 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel?
You may have some worries about the security of your home network. If you wish to increase your network security and provide resistance to the unwanted threats, then you must access the administrative settings of the router. With the misuse of WPS technology, anyone can break into the WiFi routers with ease. These vulnerabilities are likely if the factory default settings of the login page and the network credentials are not changed and left to default factory settings.
Also any changes to the network name to a new name and to update passwords frequently, etc. can be done if and only if there is access to the router interface.
How to Access your 192.168.1.128 IP Router’s Gateway?
Accessing the router’s admin page is essential for carrying out the needed tasks.
You can access your router’s settings interface in this easy ways:
Default Router User & Password List
Finding the router IP address from a Windows PC
- Press Win+r keys together. A new prompt will open up immediately.
- Type in cmdinto the input panel and then press enter. The command prompt will open up.
- Type in the following set of instructions into the command prompt: ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”and press on entering key.
- Your Default IP address of the router, which is 192.168.1.128 will be displayed.
- You can then copy the IP address to login into the router interface again.
How To Troubleshoot any Router Related Issues?
In some of the cases, you may face some related issues where you won’t be able to log into the interface page of your router via the IP address 192.168.1.128 entered.
This is mostly because there are a lot of connected devices with that particular router. Or, it may be due to the fact that you have entered a wrong IP address instead of the original one.
Most of the private IP addresses are similar to only point changes. As a consequence, it becomes very easy to make mistakes while you type in the IP addresses. So you must be very attentive when you type in the IP address. Otherwise, you will face this error.
Some common steps to address some frequently encountered issues are:
- Make sure that you have a proper Ethernet cable connection(for wired connections).
- Ensure a proper wireless signal is being transmitted.
- Reset the router.
- Troubleshoot helps to address some minor issues too.
Change the Username and Password of Your Network
Modifying the username or SSID of your Wifi network is not a tough task to do. You must know the local IP Address of your router to bring about this change. Please go through the user’s manual to understand it and enter the router admin page. Follow these steps carefully and alter the SSID. Not only the username, but you can also change the password of your system.
- Open the browser of your choice and write the IP Address of your router. This will direct you towards the “authentication” page.
- You must type the default details of your router here. This comprises of your SSID name and password. Make sure that in this column, you do not write the default credentials if you’ve ever changed the settings before. It’ll hinder the process of modifying your settings.
- Click on the “Login” button on the screen of your machine, and it will enable you to access the admin page. You’ll find a variety of options here. Look for a “Wireless Network” option on the main page.
- Once you discover this option, click on it to visit the Wifi settings. Here, you’ll come across a setting called SSID. Here, you are unrestricted to rewrite the SSID of your network.
- Once you modify the username, you might also want to alter your password. To do so, locate an option called “admin password.” Write the desired password here.
- It is advised to keep a long password to secure your private network as it disables cyberpunks to crack the password.
- Click on the “Save” button to assign the modifications you have brought to your router. However, you may find an “Apply” button instead of the “Save” button. This varies from router to router.
The IP address 192.168.1.128 is a vital IP address. It is very essential IP in the proper functioning of the router, which in turn will ensure you an uninterrupted internet access.
The 192.168.1.128 is the default IP address, which is found in many routers and it is a part of the private IP address range, and it is a part of the private IP address range.
- 1 What is 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 How to Login to 192.168.1.128 IP Address
- 4 Why to Login Into 192.168.1.128 Admin Interface Panel?
- 5 How to Access your 192.168.1.128 IP Router’s Gateway?
- 6 How To Troubleshoot any Router Related Issues?
- 7 Change the Username and Password of Your Network
- 8 Conclusion