FiOS by Verizon is a fiber-optic communications network providing internet, telephone, and television service, making the possibility of insane internet speed a reality. Even though it is not available everywhere, most companies have used FiOS. It is mainly took in use to operate millions of large files because of the speed it holds by performing Verizon Fios Router Login and completing its setup.
FiOS stands for Fiber Optic Service, which carries more information at faster speeds compared to traditional coaxial cable. In a Fiber-optic system, the computer that sends information transforms it into light signals. It then proceeds to process it onto the fiber-optic network. When the data is received, it is transforms back into the information by another computer for it to be put to use. FiOS can carry any type of information- data, movies, pictures, audios, etc. It makes everything faster, easier, more stable. You can find the guide to setup Arris Router here and Vodafone Router here.
How to Login To My Verizon Fios Router
As by the title, you must have figured out that we’ll tell you how to set up your FiOS modem/router and perform Verizon Fios router login in this post. Most people believe that with great stuff comes great complications as well, but with FiOS, it is really nothing like that. It is just like your usual router setup, so you can easily log into Verizon Fios router.
See Also: Orbi Admin Login Guide
Fios Router/Modem Setup
First things first, to install a FiOS device, you need to have all the important and necessary parts with you, which includes a coaxial cable, an Ethernet cord, a power adapter, and obviously the device/router. Now, make sure everything is disconnected from the wireless device and then follow the steps given below step by step to begin the setup process.
- If your Internet WAN association is Coax, then take your coaxial cable and connect one end into the back of the router and the other to the coaxial wall outlet.
- With Ethernet as your association, or if your service supports more than 100 Mbps, then connect one end of the ethernet cable to one of the white ethernet ports on your device (at the back) and the other to the wall jack.
- Now, connect the device to the power through a power cord, and plug it into an electrical wall socket.
- The router will turn on as soon as you switch on the power source. Wait for the blinking light image (green and white light) of your device to become stable for a few minutes. And when it does, your FiOS device/router is ready and installed.
- However, there may be times that your device might show a sign of error with red lights showing up. In that case, unplug every cord and begin the setup process all over again. If the problem still persists, contact the company for professional help.
Connection process for both Wired and Wireless
Now once your FiOS setup is done, connect your phone or laptop to the internet through wired or wireless method. For wired, you just need to connect one end of the Ethernet cord to the yellow jack on the router and the other to your laptop. For wireless, you need to look up the Wireless Network Name (ESSID) and the Wireless Password/Key (WPA2 key) on the sticker on the router, and then connect to the Wi-Fi using these to access Verizon router.
Verizon Fios Router Login and Password Change
It is really important to change the secret admin password after setting up the router because the username and password is <admin> by default, which anybody can misuse during the Verizon Fios router login. So, to change the username and password of your router for Verizon admin login, follow these steps:
- Open a browser on the connected device (either wired or wireless), and type in your router’s IP address, which is 192.168.1.1 for all FiOS routers, or you can log on to www.myfiosgateway.com.
- A login screen will appear, asking for the username and password.
- Enter the username and password, which is on a sticker on the side of your router.
- Upon logging in, you will reach the details of your router. Here you can see your router’s username and password along with your Wireless Network Name and Password/Key.
- Go to the password and change it to a new one. Use capital letters, numbers, special characters to make your password extremely strong. Don’t forget to remember it or keep a note of it somewhere.
- If, however, you someday do forget your Wi-Fi, then press the Reset button on your FiOS device to bring it back to factory settings, which would usually be <admin> for both the username and password to perform Verizon Fios router login successfully.
On completion of this step, you are done with everything to perform the Verizon FiOS router login.
Using All these steps and guides, you can perform Verizon Fios Router Login and set up your modem. However, if you still have any further queries and problems that you face during these steps, it is best to seek out a professional and directly contact FiOS tech experts.